Look what I found in my inbox yesterday. I’ve seen a few of these since I started blogging, but didn’t feel like I knew all the ins and outs well enough to accept. That changes today. First, thank you, http://thematticuskingdom.wordpress.com/, for such a lovely gift. I’ve really appreciated the conversations we’ve had since I found your blog and all the entries about driving around in California. Okay, let me see if I have the requirements for this down.
1) Display Award Certificate on website. (done)
2) Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award (done)
3) Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. (will get as many as I can and will do so below)
4) Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post. (will do)
5) Post 7 interesting things about yourself. (will do so below)
First, the 7 interesting things about myself.
1) I’m a homeschooling mom of two boys. (13 and 16) We’re in our seventh year of homeschooling and loving every minute of it.
2) I’m also a baseball mom. They have only found baseball in the last three years and know more about it now than I do. They will both be playing in rec leagues this spring, and I’m very tempted to rename this blog, “Ramblings from a Baseball Mama,” since I will be spending most of my time at the baseball park.
3) Nerd and geek also fit well with how I view myself. Couldn’t believe how excited I got yesterday when I found out that Gil Gerard (Buck Rogers) is going to be at our local sci-fi/fantasy festival this spring. And yes, I know I just dated myself with that comment.
4) I’ve lived in seven different states and traveled through twenty-eight states. I’ve also visited five different countries.
5) I drove across the country twice in 2011 with my husband and teenage boys and survived!
6) I was on the newspaper staff and yearbook staff in high school.
7) And finally, I have a passion for writing and reading.
Now, for the nominations.I’m not sure I know fifteen bloggers, but there are several that have had an impact on me since I’ve started blogging. These are the ones I’m going to name. Feel free to accept as you see fit.
These are the six blogs. Guess I need to do some more blog reading which I will do by the next time I accept one of these awards. Hope everyone has a great day!
Until next time, be real!