I thought this would be a humorous take on something else I read in one my writing inspiration books since I have two teenagers of my own.
1) Humor—If you spend time around any teenagers, you know they take very little of what you say seriously, and therefore, you shouldn’t take yourself too seriously either.
2) Honesty—Teenagers can spot a fake from a mile away. If you’re genuine and honest with them, they’ll be the same with you.
3) Respect their Interests—Just because you think a teenager should be interested in something doesn’t mean they’ll actually be interested in it. Take some time to learn about the people they are becoming. They might surprise you.
4) Learn to Play Video Games—That one was from my younger son, but I guess if you can play them properly, it would be good bonding time. 🙂
5) Passion—Listen to what teenagers are passionate about. If you listen long enough, that passion and emotion will translate into whatever you’re writing.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Until next time, be real!